Monday, November 10, 2008

hello, i’m robert redford

So Robert Redford is apparently still getting work, which is nice 'cause I always kinda liked him.. The last movie I remember him being in was Spy Game, which was pretty bad ass, though he was kind of a douche in it... Come to think of it, I'm not sure I ever really did like him.. He's always a bit of a douche.. Hmm.. Well anyway, Big Red is now narrating the Cosmic Collisions show at the Adler Planetarium.. His opening line ("Hello, I'm Robert Redford") is delivered exactly like the Robert Loggia bit in Family Guy.. Quite hilarious.. Then the big collision scene, which had me in stitches... "Will the comet strike the Earth?" *moment of great anticipation* "No..." What the hell? I thought this was called Cosmic Collisions, not Comets That Don't Hit Us... Though it's probably for the best 'cause the two kids I was with were about to crap their pants thinking the world was going to end..

Oh, and yes, you read that right... I went to the planetarium over the weekend... It was fun, got a little dose of education.. For instance, did you know the moon was formed in one month? Yeah, that's exactly what I said.. No fucking way.. But hey, that's why I'm not an astrophysicist.. Or maybe an astrogeologist.. I wonder what your title would have to be in order to be considered someone qualified enough to comment on the length of time it took to create the moon.. And I wonder if you'd have to have enough Star Wars collectibles to make the 40-Year-Old-Virgin green with envy... Probably..

I'm really ill-prepared for the onset of winter, which apparently is right around the corner.. It's getting cold out, it's dark when I wake up and when I get home from work (damn Standard Time!!) and I just feel like hibernating for the winter until daylight savings is back in effect.. Or is it affect? I think effect.. High Lifes or High Lives? The debate continues... Sorry, I digress.. And I'm really tired of seasonal depression.. Winter just puts me in such a shitty mood.. I do enjoy the snow, though.. Maybe I'll go skiing this year.. Or try snowboarding.. Maybe I'll wrap myself around a tree like Sonny Bono hahaha (too soon?).

Speaking of too soon, I heard a hilarious off-the-cuff Obama joke last night:

"It must suck to be president and still get eye-balled when you go into a 7-11" hahahaha I'll skip all the requisite grape soda, Kool-Aid and hot wing jokes.. Those are just too easy..

No comments: