Thursday, November 6, 2008

should’ve stayed home today

So today is finally a good day at work.. This past week has really sucked a fat one.. As most of you know by now, I'm fairly easy to get along with, but for whatever reason, these fucking engineers I work with are just a thorn in my side (yes, a thorn the size of a Cadillac, driving through 'cause backing up now would be next to impossible).. In fact, of all the engineers I've met in my life (must be in the neighborhood of 50 or so), there's only about 3 I remember liking... It could be their elitist attitude.. You all know the type.. If it's not an engineer who thinks that their degree somehow imparts the knowledge of the universe on them, it's an egomaniacal boss that, somehow, someway, was able to rise to the levels of mid- to upper-management.. Probably by throwing everyone around him under the bus... I had a boss like that at my last job (Dan can attest to this).

But anyway, I went to this benefit last night... Well, it wasn't so much of a benefit as it was $25 for all you can drink... I took pretty good advantage of it, pounded down a few beers and even a Cabernet! I'm so high-society.. With my High Life camo cans.. HA! There was also some strange Brazilian rum drink there, which was essentially a sweet margarita made with rum... It was good, little sweet for my tastes.. Got home around midnight, jammed a little Larry Arms on the guitar (anyone think I'll get ANOTHER noise violation? fucking neighbors), then crashed out... And now I'm all freaking tired. But I didn't stay up til 2am which is a major accomplishment for me during the week when I'm drinking. A nap is sounding really tempting right now.. But as the title of this blog indicates, I'd be much better off right now if I'd just stayed home and slept in.. Oh well, live and (try to) learn...

Also, there's more videos up.. I think I put the rest of them up on Tuesday, so take a look and a listen.. Funny shit.. Kate claims it's drunken craziness, I say it's good times... Really though, what's the difference? Eric and I are drunk and silly, and now armed with a video camera, so we're just trying to share our good times with you all.

So yeah, nothing really interesting to talk about today. I've got a lot to say about the election, but I'm gonna try a new approach and just keep my political opinions to myself. Apparently they offend a lot of people :) I hope I haven't pissed any of you off with my opinionated diatribes.. I'm actually kinda excited about Obama now; I think the guy has charisma and I really believe he has a genuine interest in making America a better country. I think he'll be an effective President, much more so than the frail old potato-looking guy and the hick from Alaska. Obama's speech in Grant Park was genuinely moving, and he's moved up a few notches in my book. I guess we'll see how the next four years play out.

And if any of you went to the rally, you are freaking crazy! Or brave... Perhaps a well-balanced blend of both? No, probably not... No one I know is balanced hahah That's why I love you all. Good people, each and every one of you...

Ok, for not having anything to say today, I've said a lot.. I guess I'll go work now.. Or play Death Dice (http://www.bored.com/games/play/263/Death-Dice.html).. Check it out, it's fun... Eat as many pills as possible, it makes it much sillier... Hmm, Death Dice = Real Life... hahahahaha Later kids

No comments: