Tuesday, November 25, 2008

angrily shaking my fist at everyone i see

Yeah, it's another shitty day.. Oh well, it's a short week, I suppose I should just get over it and move on. Maybe I'll leave early today! Sweet...

So I'm fucked on Friday... I get to work for 4 hours the day after Thanksgiving! Wheee!!! How kick ass is that? Yeah, it isn't at all.. Oh, and the cherry on top: I have to be at work at 6am!! Hooray for me! Hooray for holidays! Fuck... I'm quickly growing tired of covering for people I work with, especially when I know they wouldn't do the same for me.. I don't know why I do it.. It's not some desire to impress my bosses, because I could give two shits what they think if I don't want to work on a holiday... It's not some self-motivation thing, because we ALL know I am not a very motivated person, especially lately when it comes to work.. It's not the pay, because I'm quite sure I'm not gonna get any more money for those 4 hours.. Maybe I'm a self-loathing masochist.. That's really the only logical explanation for my work habits.. Luckily, it only seems to be in my professional life, because I have pretty healthy relationships with friends and family.. I only let work torture me... So I guess that's something.. I should do something about that.. Maybe tomorrow..

Slept on the couch again last night.. I really wonder why I do that.. My bed is comfortable as hell, yet whenever I'm home alone, I tend to just sleep on the couch like I'm at a camp-out.. There's something comforting about it, yet something incredibly lonely about it.. Like some 50-year-old bachelor that passes out in an armchair watching infomercials every night because he has no one.. Fuck I hope I don't end up like that.. I guess I have a ways to go, and considering I'm only 28 (yes, Kate, I'm an old man, I know hahaha) I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much right now.. But fuck, if I end up like that, I'm gonna be pissed.. Gotta keep an eye on that situation...

Oh, on a lighter side note, I found quite possibly the greatest game ever last night:
http://www.bored.com/games/play/344/Hobo.html.

You really should check it out, it's funny as hell.. It's like Double Dragon (the old bad ass NES version, not those cheap knockoffs on SNES), but it's this nasty ass hobo that has the greatest special moves in the world... He poops, pukes, blows snot rockets, farts, and all other great bodily functions.. Truly classless, truly timeless.. So enjoy.. Maybe I'll play for a little bit to get my mind off of this pinnacle of shitty work days.. Yeah, I think I will..

No comments: