Monday, December 1, 2008

turkeys, museums and snow

So another Thanksgiving has come and gone and, admittedly, this was probably one of my all-time favorites.. As much as I miss my family, hanging out with good friends on Thanksgiving was really sweet. We made a shit ton of food, drank from 10am to about midnight and watched a bunch of TV.. Oh yeah, and the Lions lost.. Big fuckin' surprise.. Who saw that coming? Oh, yeah, pretty much anyone who knows anything about football.. *sigh* I wish they'd stop parading the Lions and the Cowboys out for the Thanksgiving games every year.. The Lions have been irrelevant for years and the Cowboys just aren't America's Team anymore.. Ok enough football.. Does anyone really care? Probably not.. And did anyone watch the Macy's parade? yeah, me neither..

Speaking of the parade, I'd like to know who chooses the floats.. I mean, they had the fucking Rugrats as a float this year... Is that even a show anymore? And why is Santa in the Thanksgiving Day Parade? I didn't realize he operated on T-Day.. I really hate how spread out the Christmas season is nowadays.. Christmas music has been playing since the beginning of November for god's sake.. Is that really necessary? Is that supposed to get me into the spirit of the holidays? 'Cuz it doesn't work.. In fact, it mostly just angers me.. I dunno, maybe I'm just a scrooge.. It's messed up, because I like Christmas, whether it's spent with friends or family.. But I fucking HATE Christmas music.. I'm gonna put a temporary ban on 93.9 being played in my car (haha Kate, take that!).. I really should just make it a permanent ban, because I don't even want to listen to that station when it's not playing Christmas music.. I feel like I'm in the waiting room at the dentist office every time I hear Genesis or any other Phil Collins' or Peter Gabriel work.. Eww..

Anyways, I spent a pleasant afternoon at the Museum of Science & Industry on Sunday.. That place is sweet.. Way better than the Adler Planetarium (which, by the way, has absolutely NO information on its namesake, Max Adler).. The exhibits at MSI are so much more interactive and hands-on, which is especially nice for kids that feel the need to touch everything they see. Can't say I blame them, I found myself entranced more than a few times by the touch-screen magic.. You could even program a robot to dance... Wonder if you could program one to blow you? I bet some nerdy scientific type somewhere has tried and probably has the scars to prove it.. He shoulda rigged it with a pocket vagina... Stupid scientist...

And yeah, it's snowing already! I went out to have a smoke last night, and it was snowing harder than blow falling out of Tony Montana's nose at the end of Scarface.. Only 6 more months of this to go! Who's with me! Fuck...

Ok, well work is starting to anger me, so before I start taking it out on this blog, I'm gonna call it a day.. Sorry this one was lame.. Gotta get back into the swing of things.

No comments: