Tuesday, December 9, 2008

back by popular demand

Well guys, sorry it's been a while. I would love to say that I was out in Tibet mountain climbing, or maybe in Hawaii sitting on a beach with some sort of frozen fruit drink that requires one of those little umbrellas (or maybe a Mai Tai!!), or even in Pittsburgh with no internet access, but those would all be lies.. The plain and simple truth is I've been freaking lazy about this. Oh, and I didn't have anything worth saying.. Then again, do I ever? Eh, maybe..

I did write one up on Thursday last week, but it was mostly angry and depressing, so I just gave up. It was mostly about how tired I am of so many things... I mean this thing was a bitch fest to end all bitch fests.. Even I was like, 'dude, quit your bitching already!' And that's bad, when you bitch so much that even YOU are tired of hearing about it.. Fuck..

But anyway things are looking up.. My job still makes me want to strangle premature pygmy hippos, but besides that, I can't really bitch. My parents are actually making an effort to see me this Christmas, which is nice because prior to that they would just bitch and moan that I wasn't going to see them.. Oh, and for those of you who don't know, they are trying to sell their house, so like 2 months ago when I could get decent airfare, they had no idea where they'd be in December... Now, like 2-3 weeks beforehand, they're like, 'oh, we'll be here.. are you coming out?' Yeah, sure, I'll just donate my kidney and maybe my left teste (the right one is the strong one anyway) so I can buy a fucking plane ticket.. *sigh* But yeah, I'm excited to see them.. It was going to be a really depressing holiday this year, but things seem to be coming together nicely.. Now I just need to cover my booze requirements and I'll be good to go.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping.. I avoid it like the plague.. Or like ET in Family Guy when he wouldn't touch Tom Hanks because Tom Hanks had AIDS... Much like that.. I hate Christmas shopping.. I hate Christmas music.. I do like lights though, but that's probably because I get so wasted all the time that they seem take on a magical life of their own.. I like it when they dance.. What's wrong with me? I was going to go shopping yesterday, but 8:30 rolled around and I wasn't about to start shopping at 8:30pm.. Maybe I'll just do everything online this year.. Part of me feels mildly guilty for being lazy about it, but on the other hand, is a gift any more special if I deal with crowded stores, grouchy assholes, annoying kids, Christmas music, and all that jazz just to get you a gift? Nah, I didn't think so.. It's the thought that counts, not the effort, right? Maybe I'll make gifts out of construction paper, glue and glitter... Ooo I could enjoy a few glue bags that way... Hahaha jk jk... no i'm not... haha

No comments: