Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a fine line between being a dick and a bubbly fucker

So I'm a big fan of Starbucks.. Call me a yuppy, call me stuffy, call me what you will, but man those Black Eyes really get me going in the morning. But I've recently experienced a unique phenomenon at the store by my place; every employee there is a fucking prick. It's weird, I know. Most Starbucks you go to there's some 40 year old woman that acts like she's a 14 year old girl hopped up on Red Bull and coke.. Most greetings go something like, "HI! Welcome to Starbucks! Would you like to try a Double Mocha Macchiato Skinny Latte with Soy Milk and No Foam?" or some other coffee drink that takes a degree in physics to order.. But the people at my Starbucks, they can't be bothered to look up from their cash register or espresso machine long enough to flash a smile or even nod a hello. I know it's 7am, but fuck, you work at Starbucks.. I'm pretty sure it's kinda their thing.. In all honesty, I think I'd rather be barraged by fake happiness rather than honest disdain. At least they're trying to be cheerful, even if in the back of their mind they're thinking about all the shit they have to deal with in their lives or at their jobs. This old dude at the store I go to, he's just a fucking prick.

And speaking of physics degrees to order coffee, I was once at a Starbucks and this guy in front of me actually ordered a coffee like that but at a very specific temperature... Really? I mean Jesus Christ, it's not a fucking ham. You're not going to get e coli from a cup of coffee.. I'm sure he thought it was the perfect drinking temperature, but whatever.. It's coffee, it's hot, deal with it. Remember that one dummy that sued McDonald's because the coffee was too hot? Yeah, that's the kinda world we live in; dummies make the rules, and the rest of us sit here and wonder what the fuck is going on.

Oh well, short one today.. Off to deal with amazingly, improbably retarded people.. The kind of people that, when they speak, you often wonder, "how are you able to function on a daily basis?" You know the kind of which I speak..

No comments: