Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blag is going DOWN!!

So we Illinois-ians got some awesome news yesterday.. Apparently our Governor is a shady crook.. Can you say deja vu? Our last governor isn't even out of prison for the shady shit he was doing, and now our current governor is facing some pretty serious charges... Awesome.. No wonder people don't trust politicians... So far, here's a few things I've heard:

1) was essentially auctioning Barak Obama's empty senate seat... Apparently the governor has the power to appoint someone to the seat, and he was taking what amounts to bribes to fill it.. He actually told an aide that if he doesn't get enough money for it, he'd just take the seat himself.. so either further his own political career and set himself up for even bigger fish later, or take a hefty buyout now.. The balls on this guy...

2) tried to get a bunch of people on the Tribune's board of editors fired.. I guess they were printing some pretty bad stuff about the governor, and he didn't like that.. Now, before anyone gets all defensive, what they were printing wasn't libelous or slanderous.. It was the truth, which, as far as I understand it, is open for printing.. Any journalists out there that can verify?

3) threatened to withhold $8 million in funding to the Children's Memorial Hospital if he didn't get a $50k payout.. Seriously? You're going to withhold money from dying children so you can line your own pocket? Man, and I thought I had a one way ticket to hell...

Now, here's the funny part... I guess the Feds have recordings of all of this shit.. And this morning, Blag's attorney actually appears on TV with this gem:

"Governor Blagojevich believes he hasn't done anything wrong and that he will be vindicated."

Dude, your dumb-shit client was recorded talking to numerous people about this shit, and he was blatantly engaged in some pretty serious criminal activities.. In a word, he's fucked... But have fun with that trial!

On a much lighter side note, I had the best DMV experience ever yesterday... I know, sounds weird, right? Yeah I was in and out of that place in less than 10 minutes.. Got a new DL and state ID, so now I'm ready for some bar hopping as soon as it stops snowing so damn much.... People are idiots when it snows here.. It's like they've never seen these magical white flakes and lose all ability to function while driving.. Have you ever been to LA when it rains? Yeah, it's kinda like that.. People in LA are fucking idiots when it comes to driving.. Last time I was out there (I believe the same trip I met Danny Glover) there was a light drizzle and BAM! gridlock... I asked the cabbie if traffic was usually this bad (it was only like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, so it couldn't have been rush hour) and he said, "no, it's raining." I'm like "are you kidding?" Then he gives me this look like, "yeah, duh, don't you see the spots on the window?" I wanted to punch him right in the mouth... Obviously I know it's raining at this moment you dip shit... I just didn't realize people in LA seize up when moisture falls from the sky.. *sigh* I fucking hate LA... can you tell?

1 comment:

daylabor said...

So I got stuck in a snow bank yesterday. Hah!

Hey, when you lived in NJ, did you guys make fun of people from Delaware? What do you call people from Delaware, anyway? Delawaricans? Delawarriors? Delawarts?