Thursday, March 19, 2009

what a weekend part 2

Jesus, took me 3 days to get back to this, but I DID make it back, so I'm feeling good about it.. So anyway, where'd I leave off.. Oh yeah, Saturday morning.. Hungover.. Puking up Mountain Dew.. All caught up? Good..

Ok so anyway, I'm mangled for most of Saturday; I woke up around 9am, but didn't actually get out of bed until about 2pm.. Everything about life hurt Saturday morning.. But around 2pm, we had to force ourselves to get up and get moving. Afterall, St. Pat's celebrations weren't going to wait for us!

We headed down to a friend's house in the city and proceeded to play some ridiculous drinking games (read: I drank ridiculous amounts of alcohol considering my condition earlier in the day). We played Circle of Death with male nudey cards which was only slightly uncomfortable until Michele proposed the Pose Rule, in which everyone had to pose like the dude on their cards.. Needless to say, that led to some funny shit.. I'm sure I have pics somewhere... hahaha

After we got good and tanked we headed out for the bar hopping portion of the night.. For reference, it's only about 9pm at this point.. We went to Glascott's on Halsted, which was an awesome place. Great atmosphere, good people, lots of singing and U2 (which I only really like on St Pat's). I finally got my first Irish Car Bomb of the night there, and I was happy.. Several beers and a Red Headed Slut later, we were off to the next stop: John Barleycorn's..

Now, before I tell you about Barleycorn's, let me preface this by saying I was completely intoxicated at the time, so perhaps my demeanor was not as friendly and cheerful as I remember.. But I'm usually a happy drunk, so I doubt I was being the dick.. You be the judge..

Ok so we get to Barleycorn's after a quick detour in Oz Park (I definitely have pics of that excursion, which will tell the story way better than I ever could). Somehow, someway, we lose a few people in the process. I swear they were right behind us when we went in, but again I was intoxicated, so perhaps not. But anyway, we get in there, head to one end of the bar, and set up shop there while we try to figure out where the missing ones are.. I, in my most gentlemanly fashion, decide that beers are needed while we fret over our lost compadres. So I got over to the bar and try to get the bartenders' attention.. Meanwhile, this dude next to me starts chatting me up in what I remember as a very friendly fashion. This jist of the conversation was "man, who do you have to blow to get a drink around here?" to which I laughed good-naturedly and turned my attention back to the bartenders. Suddenly, this guy is like "hey man, you need to move over." Well, unfortunately this tiny girl was standing right next to me, so I naturally say, "to where man? I'm gonna knock this girl over!" His retort (and I shit you not): "You have two choices: either be cool or get the fuck out of the bar."

It's at this point I notice this guy has a walkie talkie in his hand and I realize he's actually under the employ of Barleycorn's. So, being the pacifist alcoholic that I am, I respond, "dude, we're cool." Well, he obviously didn't think so because he got up in my face.. Kate came to my rescue and told the guy everything's cool, but apparently that didn't work because I'm pretty sure I heard the guy say "your boyfriend's being a dick." Again, you all know me, you've all seen me drunk.. I don't think I've ever been a dick while I'm drunk, but who knows..

So I remove myself from the situation, stroll down to the other end of the bar and get some beers. When the bartender dropped off my tab, I leaned in and said, "hey, you see that guy down there." "Yes," said the barkeep. "Does he work here?" I ask. "Yes." "Oh, well he's a fucking dick." The bartender was a bit surprised I'd be saying this about one of his fellow employees, but honestly, he just kinda laughed and was like "yeah he's had a long day." Which, in retrospect, makes me think that my new bouncer friend was just a fucking prick to everyone that lived. Oh, but I did forget the chick that came up to him later and occupied the same space that he had previously told me to vacate. Did he bitch and tell her to move? Oh no no.. He was all smiles and hugs with her... Fuck that guy..

We didn't stay at Barleycorn's long after that. Our missing friends were still missing, and some new friends joined the group, so we all ventured over to B-Town and hit up Roscoe's. I gotta say, that place is fun as hell. I've gotten hammered there every time, and every time I've had a shit ton of fun. I ordered a pitcher of Miller Lite for a few of us, but I'm pretty sure I drank the whole thing myself. Oh and some guy grabbed my ass. Not like a light pinch, but a full on hand-cup squeeze.. Funny shit..

After Roscoe's, the night pretty much wound down. The lights at the bar came on, which is usually a good indication it's time for bed. Unless you've been blowing rails all night, in which case, the night is still young. We headed home, stopped by Chicago Pizza on the way, and crashed out..

What a freaking weekend. I love St Pat's. And even though I'm Irish, I don't celebrate St Pat's because I'm Irish. Like BK said, I'm not FROM Ireland, so I can't really say I'm Irish or part of the Irish culture. I like St Pat's because it's another reason for me to drink heavily and not look like a completely deranged alcoholic. So there's that..

Later on butt plugs! No work for me tomorrow!! Oh, and Ben Folds show tonight! Woohoo!

No comments: