Monday, October 26, 2009

back with a small poof of smoke

I would say this is going to be back with a vengeance, but I hate promising things that I know will likely not happen. However, after a fucking awesome Lawrence Arms show on Saturday night (thanks for the ticket random nameless donor!!), I feel inspired to be a sociopath on this blog again.

Let me start by saying that the Larry Arms show was, as previously mentioned, a serious orgy of awesome drunkenness. I use orgy metaphorically, as I was not a participant in an actual orgy, though after that show, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there was some shenanigans going on at the after party. According to BK's blog (no, not the creepy Burger King, but the awesome Brendan Kelly), some chick got her ass signed.. Some dude got a hand job.. Kudos all around! Eric, next time one of your friends is getting married on the day of a show, you need to punch him/her square in the nuts/vagina. Just sayin' dude.. But even without my usual partner in crime, I managed to get plenty wasted and enjoy a great show. Mike Park was weird.. Not what I expected.. All I remember is a song about the awesomeness of apples and the plethora of uses for said fruit.. But hey, to each their own.. La Plebe was some Latino ska band from Oakland I believe.. Kinda crazy to hear some thrashing ska in Spanish.. But cool all the same.. I'll have to check out their album(s).. And The Menzingers were a decent band from Philly (fuck yeah East Coast!).. I don't remember particularly liking or disliking them, not through any real fault of their own, but because at that point I was drooling for Larry Arms to take the stage.. Also for the beers..

What a strange morning.. I'm losing like 10 minutes at a time here and there.. I look at the clock, it's 8:00... What seems like a minute later, it's 8:12 already.. Crazy.. My mind must be on lock down..

No comments: